Administrative Specialist: CenCal Case Management and Accounts Payable & Receivable
Job description overview:
The Administrative Specialist for CenCal Case Management and Accounts Payable and Receivable (CCMAPR) is primarily responsible for supporting the CenCal insurance program at Community Counseling Center (CCC) with case management, provider coordination, billing, payables, and data collection and management. This position also assists with the payroll for part time clinical counselors, monthly invoicing to CCC contractors, and Quickbooks accounting entries for all related accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to perform multiple tasks and develop appropriate priorities, strong organizational competency, clerical thoroughness, transparent accounting, the ability to take initiative, demonstrated self-awareness in issues that arise individually or as a member of our team, strong computer skills (word processing, data management, spreadsheets, Quickbooks, Google Docs, and electronic health records system navigation), and a commitment to improving community mental health.
Position reports to the Executive Director
Hours Flexible: Full-time, 30-40 hours per week, currently 9:00am to 6:00pm
Location: Downtown San Luis Obispo (with flexibility for work in Paso Robles or some remote work)
Salary Range: $22 to $28 per hour, depending on experience
- Provide initial screening of CenCal Insurance beneficiaries in person or via phone or email.
- Act as liaison between applicants/clients and CCC clinicians to ensure timely assignment to clinicians for services.
- Manage the CenCal beneficiary waitlist for CCC services and oversee completion of initial data/documentation for services and billing.
- Periodic auditing of CenCal documentation for completion and accuracy.
- Answer phones and assist with client and therapist correspondence at CCC locations.
- Monitor CCC online outreach calendar to help spread awareness of and garner client referrals for the CenCal program.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including diplomacy, patience, compassion, and kindness with consistency.
- Input and maintenance of accurate statistical records including Quickbooks and the SimplePractice Electronic Health Record system.
- Familiarity with CMS billing codes associated with CCC CenCal service provision.
- Collaborative coordination with the CCC bookkeeper.
- Familiarity with community resources for information and referral purposes.
- Perform clerical work as required, including correspondence, copying, mail processing, filing and other report preparation duties as assigned.
- Maintain the confidentiality of applicants and clients at all times through appropriate handling of protected health information (PHI) and verbal communication.
- Attend and participate collaboratively and effectively in administrative staff meetings.
- Provide technical training and assistance to clinicians newly assigned to the CenCal program.
- Provide support to the Clinical Committee as necessary and when requested including taking minutes of meetings, meeting set-up, and participation in special events.
Abilities Needed (or the ability to quickly become familiar):
- Courteous, compassionate, responsive customer service to clients, clinicians, and volunteers.
- Attentive to time-sensitive details in conjunction with accounts receivable/payable, data reporting/management, and general accounting.
- Listen empathetically and critically in order to provide appropriate services, assessment and/or referrals.
- Prioritize tasks based on the needs of the Executive Director and/or Clinical Director.
- Familiarity with local social and mental health service organizations and the ability to make referrals.
- Knowledgeable regarding office organization, workflow, and filing systems.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook/Email Program, Adobe Acrobat, Quickbooks, and SimplePractice EHRS (or readiness to train up to required level).
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Adherence to accounting protocol set by bookkeeper and CPA.
- Produce professional documents.
- Understand EHRS management.
- Prioritize and complete tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Recruit, coordinate, and support CenCal providers.
- Skillfully organize information and produce workflow and program documentation.
- Graduation from accredited college/university with Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business, finance, marketing, non-profit administration or similar major OR equivalent professional experience and work history.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in non-profit, social service, or public health/benefit programs with major responsibility for project implementation and management.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking encouraged to apply.
- Valid CA Driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Live Scan. Clear criminal background check results required.
- Lift 5-15 lbs from floor to overhead.
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Apply For This Job
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format down below. We also require 3 professional references (with current contact information) who we may contact.