Job description overview:
The Administrative Specialist: Latino Outreach and Engagement (ASLOE) position is responsible for the first impression clients, volunteers and the community form in relation to the Community Counseling Center (CCC). The ASLOE is particularly responsible for interfacing and connecting CCC’s Spanish language clients with bilingual/bicultural therapists on staff with the agency. This public facing job requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to perform multiple tasks and develop appropriate priorities, the ability to take initiative and show self-awareness in issues that arise individually and as a member of a team, and a commitment to community mental health.
-This part-time position reports to the Executive Director and Clinical Program Manager.
-Current Hours: 10:00 to 3:00pm, Weekdays (10-15 hour per week)
-Salary Range: $15.00-20.00 per hour
- Latino outreach and liaise, advocacy, linkage, and lay-clinical bridging to mental health services.
- Mental health system navigation, referral and provider outreach and engagement.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills of compassion, patience, kindness, persistence and diplomacy.
- Provide initial assessment of clients as they contact the agency by phone or walk-in; schedule
appointments and maintain liaison between clients and volunteers.
- Be or become rapidly familiar with community resources for information and referral purposes.
- Perform clerical work as required, including correspondence, copying, mail processing, filing
and other writing and report preparation duties as required.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial and statistical records.
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients at all times through appropriate handling of case materials
and information, and verbal communication while in office.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors and committees as necessary, including taking
minutes of meetings, meeting set-up, and participation in special events.
- To provide courteous, compassionate, responsive customer service
- To listen empathetically and critically in order to provide appropriate services, assessment and/or referrals
- To prioritize tasks based on the needs of the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- To be familiar with local social service organizations and the ability to make referrals.
- To be knowledgeable regarding office organization and filing systems
- To be knowledgeable regarding Word, Excel, Outlook/Email Program, InDesign, and
- FileMaker Database Software
- To understand basic accounting procedures and follow strict protocol withregard to backup
- protection involving the flow of money.
- To produce professional documents and understand database management.
- To prioritize and complete tasks with a minimum of supervision
- To recruit, support, and supervise volunteers as necessary
- To skillfully organize information and produce needed reports.
- Graduation or enrollment in an accredited college/university with Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business, marketing, non-profit administration or similar major.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in non-profit, social service, or public health/benefit programs with major responsibility for project implementation and management.
- Graduation requirement can be replaced with up to four years of additionally similar experience.
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking
►Valid CA Driver’s license and proof of insurance
►Clean criminal background check/live scan (upon offer of employment)
►Lift 5-10 lbs. from floor to overhead
►Must be legally able to work in the United States
Apply For This Job
Please submit a cover letter and CV/Resume in PDF format to our Executive Director using the form below.